Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Headphones

Well a few weeks ago I broke my Sony MDR-V150s so after a few days the tape I had on them wasn't doing it's job anymore, so I got my Awesome Father to help me fix them, this involved an electric drill and a small screw. That did return them to a usable state but they still weren't 100%.

So I was looking at new headphone yesterday at bestbuy I looked at about three different sets Sony MDR-V500, Sennheiser HD2020II and Pioneer SE-M390. Well the Sennheisers were ok but didn't have nearly as much frequency response the other two had (HD2020II were 18Hz - 18kHz). The HD2020IIs were the cheapest of the three coming in at $69.99 The Pioneers looked really comfy and they had plenty of cord with 3.5m plus another 1.5m extension cord. The SE-M390s also had the best frequency response at 5Hz - 29kHz but they were the most expensive of the three at $89.99. Finally the Sonys were the middle of the road on most respects. They had a good frequency response of 10Hz - 25kHz looked half decently comfortable and folded up for easy storage which is import for students and professionals alike. So the MDR-V500s were on sale for 79.99 and as I was walking toward the exit, to price check at futureshop, I noticed a sign near the head phones,
they had a trade in your old headphone and get $20 of certain Sony headphones deal on. I went out to the car and grabbed a $5 pair of headphones I got at Walmart. So traded them in and after tax I paid $69.49 for a pair of Sony MDR-V500 orginal price is $99.99 which would be $114.99 after tax.

I've been wearing the Sonys for about an hour now (rocking some Motorhead) and like most Sony headphones they push in on my ears making they somewhat uncomfortable as I wear glasses all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment